Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Living the Geek Life

Funny, when I was growing up and dreaming of my future husband.  I never thought he would be a "GEEK."

We actually met online through some random dating service.  I was dared by my roommate to fill out the membership and see what happens.  So, I was honest about what I wanted:  Good person, funny, no concern with height/weight...blah, blah, blah...  Well, when I was finished and pushed enter, there he sat, just one match.  So, what do I do.  My roommate and her infinite wisdom "dared" me to contact him. Quick little note to him and the rest is history.

But funny story from this online meeting.  After about a week or so of chatting online, I asked if I could see a picture of him.  So he initial sent me a picture of him and one of his friends being arrested by Stormtroopers (I am currently trying to get my hands on this picture). (see stormtrooper reference below. (picture from: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper ))

Obviously picture attached for reference purposes only and if you don't know what one looks like. Okay?? Pretty cool.  Then he sent me a picture of Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker (and yes I admit, I had to google search their names; also trying to locate this picture :) ).  My roommate blurts out "Oh Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels"  so I said something to him about it and later he told me, he was extremely excited that he may have just met the girl of his dreams, another Star Wars fan.  But he was in for a big surprise and so was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment