Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Immortal Lost

No geeky news to report...so I decided to write about a book I just finished.

I just read the book The Immortal Lost by H.R. Phillips.  I picked this book up at the Contagion Convention in June.  My hopes for this book were high and I could not wait to dig in.  Throughout the book there were highs and lows.  I would compare the authors writing to Kings in the sense that she uses a lot of the book (the first 9 chapters) to introduce the characters.  I appreciate books that can give me a background on the individuals, but sometimes it gets old.  As the actions gets started the book comes to an end and my expectation of the book are thwarted.  As Dylan (the main character) was realizing her life's calling...etc,  and the evil was approaching we are left sitting there asking ourselves "WHAT!!"  I was a little disappointed in how the book ended with the loose ends just hanging there, but I will definitely be purchasing the next book, just so I know what happens.  I do hope the author, H.R. Phillips will bring some closure in the next book.

All in all I will give this book a 8 Stars out of 10, due to the interesting plot line.

No comments:

Post a Comment