Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Are you a geek?


 I bet you are.  Maybe you don't start hyperventilating when George Lucas' name is mentioned or start sweating when you see Natalie Portman or (some other female sci fi star), but I bet when your favorite football team is playing near by you are trying to get tickets.  My husband taught me the difference between certain terms.  So here is my interpretation of what a Geek, Nerd, or Dweeb are.

A Geek is someone who knows every detail of a movie, actor, sports,  games, any kind of genre you pick.  You know the ins and outs, you know when something is out of place, or a mistake was made.  Or a term was used incorrectly...etc.
A Nerd is someone I see as a techie or book smart.  You are known for rattling off mundane facts, and would be the perfect phone a friend on Who Wants To Be a Millionare.
A Dweeb is someone who may be socially inept, unattractive you are very unlikely to have a significant other and would not know how to interact with others. (sorry if I offend anyone :) ) Plus see my definition to a nerd.

So, I bet if you think about it, you are a GEEK.  I am a candle geek, I can tell you anything you need to know about a candle.  I like horror films, but I am not a Horror Geek.  I don't know most of the actors who play in them and most of the names of the movies or shows are forgettable to me.  Maybe you know everything there is not know about sports, clothes or cars.  You probably never thought of yourself as a geek.  But I bet you are. :)

1 comment: