Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Kansas City Trip


WOW!!  What a crazy weekend!  Jeff and I went off to KC for Planet Comic Con.  This is my 2nd year and I believe Jeff’s 4th.  If you are into comics this is the place to be!  But, they do have other things as well. Jeff and his band of Contagion members made the trek to promote Contagion Outbreak.  We met up with some of the 501st and The Rebel Legion as well as got to see Iron Man and War Machine.  Can I just say WOW!!!   The picture that I got does not do justice to the size and presence of these guys. 
Contagion Crew

Jeff and Matt's Radio Interview



We also got to meet Michael McMillian who plays Steve Newlin (the preacher from True Blood) and Daniel Logan who plays the young Boba Fett from Star Wars.
Rebel Legion
These guys are super cool and nice as hell.  My geekiness totally showed and came out when we got to meet Lindsay Wagner who was the original BIONIC WOMAN.  The only thing better would have been Lynda Carter who played Wonder Woman!!  I totally froze up and didn’t know what to say or do, but Jeff helped me out, thank goodness. J  She is amazing and one of the nicest people you will meet.  Got an autograph and a personal picture with her.  WOW WOW WOW!!  LOL.  J


Iron Man & War Machine


Lindsay Wagner, Jeff and I
Michael McMillan
Jeff and I have been to KC multiple times, but we never took the time to try their BBQ.  But this trip one of our friends took us to a place called Gates.  It was very good.  It was a little spicy for my liking, but it was still good.  The restaurant was crazy inside…think “The Soup Nazi” from Seinfeld.  The ladies were yelling and even sent someone out to the line to give instructions on what we needed to do.  We just followed our friends lead and ordered what they did.  LOL!!  Our next trip we are going to try Oklahoma Joes.  We were told this is one of the 13 places to eat before you die.  I guess it's some place inside a gas station, but I have learned that these are the best places to eat.  I always try to find some “hole in the wall” restaurant when we go out of town.  We also got the best treat ever when our friends from Topeka drove down and treated Jeff and I to lunch as Kolache’s Factory.  If you have never been there think small Runza’s stuffed with various types of food.  OMG it was sooooo good.   I will definitely be putting this on my list of places to stop at again.  Unfortunately, we did not get the opportunity to go to Chick-fil-a but I am sure we will have other chances. 

All in all this was a great time, I am so tired and happy to be home and able to rest one more day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment