Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Missa no getin it!!

Can someone explain to me why no one likes Jar Jar Binks?  I LOVE his character!!  I can understand not liking back stabbing Lando or even the Dark Lord Vader (even though he is pretty cool), but Jar Jar brought comic relief to these movies.  Children love him, does this make me simple minded or just young at heart?

For those who don't know, Jar Jar Binks is a fictional, digital character from Star Wars.  I have located a lot of sites, blogs, and comments online about how much people hate him.  But WHY???

I remember when the movie was coming out there was an uproar about this character and how people thought he was speaking Ebonics and was, well, basically making fun of Black people.  Which this went along with many of the comments about the lack of "color" (black people) in the earlier Star Wars movies.  Then for "the man" George Lucas to actually have the nerve to place a digitally animated character into his movies that may or may not represent someone from the black community is ridiculous.  I mean seriously people!! Seriously!!  This poor, clumsy, good guy who was made an outcast by his people is just trying to get by in this cruel world like everyone else.  So, why the hatred?


No comments:

Post a Comment