Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Our thoughts are with Japan


In light of all that has occurred and is still occurring in Japan, I feel that my general observations of my dear sweet husband will be put on the back burner for this post.  I remember when I was in high school we watched a movie and I do believe even read the book about Hiroshima.   I remember the emotion and terror you could feel from the movie and I also remember the anger we felt at the US.  But this was the reason for having the book as required reading. Our teacher wanted our feelings and input about what happened.  Will this be something that our children's children will be learning about?

The fact that they are comparing the earth quake and tsunami to this devastating time kind of opens your eyes to how powerful our earth really is.




I was able to locate the above photos from “The Telegraph” http://www.telegraph.co.uk/ The picture on the left was taken 03/13/2011 and the picture on the right was taken right after the bombing of Hiroshima in 1945.  More than 10,000 people are unaccounted for and feared to be dead (as of 03/14/2011 8a).    As of the writing of this post, they were really focusing their attention on the nuclear plants.  The fear is they may become more unstable and cause an uncontrolled radiation leak.   Which will obviously be a horrible thing.    

My thoughts go out to the people of Japan and hope that they will be able to bounce back from this devastation.


1 comment:

  1. Two events of this magnitude within 70 years of each other on this little Island in the pacific just goes to show that life is not fair. It will also go to show the resolve and hardiness of the people of Japan.

    Our prayers go out to everyone affected by this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete